Friday, January 24, 2014

17 Goals for my 17th Year

1. Take more pictures
Document my world. I've got the knowledge and the camera for it, and I'm going to make this one heck of a year to look back on.

2. Do the dang Colorado 100
A 100 mile canoe race on the Colorado river. I have wanted to do this for seven years, and missed my opportunity each time. This year is the year.

3. Get my best sun tan yet
Yes.

4. Start College General Education to prepare for my Midwifery career
Yikes.

5. Serve
Service is a giant part of my calling as a human being. It is the focal point of who I want to become. Charity is a gift that the Lord will give me in His time, I just have to be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and ready.

6. Get my Young Womanhood Recognition
I'm so close!

7. Fill 3 journals
I never journaled much growing up, and when I did, I didn't do it right. Literally every entry was about some boy somewhere. Way to be, young Julia. Way to be. But this past year, I have filled up two journals with thoughts, ideas, updates, poetry... Looking back on them makes me so glad for the effort I put into them. Let's do it again, and do it better.

8. Be gentle with myself
I am the worst at this.

9. Become fluent in Espanol/Portugues 
I practically live in Mexico. It's about time.
P.s. I love living in almost-Mexico, por favor e buenas noches (<-- strange hybrid of both Spanish and Portuguese).

10. Kiss a boy
LOL that's actually a joke. #NoKissinTillAfterTheMission

11. Leave the States
Oi, Brasil.

12. Be anxiously engaged in my new little brother's infanthood
Can't wait for you to get here, baby James.

13. An adventure a month
Whether it be a 200 mile Philmont trek or driving 20 miles into the country to stargaze for an hour, I will adventure.

14. Climb a 5.12

15. Improve as a violinist
This previously neglected talent brings me great fulfillment aaaaand it could land me a sweet spot as an employee at Philmont next summer. BONUS: violinists have really attractive jaw lines.

16. Regard my problems as character-building challenges

17. Learn to love even more gently, unconditionally and abundantly.
:)

2 comments:

  1. You're incredible, Jules. I hope you don't mind me calling you Jules from time-to-time. So much is possible! Ah! I'm excited for ya, lady.

    ReplyDelete